Letter: Climb a mountain, not a wall
October 18, 2013
Climb a mountain, not a wall
This lettter is to all the parents out there who think they are doing their children a favor by voting yes for the Crown Mountain recreation center.
I believe quite the oppisite is true. What you should be doing is exposing your children to the greatest outdoor recreation oppurtunties found anywhere in the world. These can be found right outside your front door. Why on earth are we living in this beautiful valley!
So instead of taking Johnny to a $25 million climbing wall, I suggest you take him up a real mountain. Vote "no" on Crown Mountain — your kids will thank you some day.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche