Letter: City is too pro-development
December 4, 2014
City is too pro-development
What a s— show. This council is so pro-development, it's not discussable. It happened when Mayor Steve Skadron appointed Dwayne Romero as councilman. The work session Monday to refine development incentives was just one small piece of a larger problem. The city development staff is pro-development, too, but both the council and the staff should get their direction from us. The community is losing control of its growth.
We are losing our history more quickly than we can build on it. I am pro-Aspen! I am pro-business. I am not anti-growth — I am anti-destroy.
We can balance our heritage and specialness with prosperity and opportunity. We do not need to kill the goose that laid the golden egg.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border