Letter: Build for the future
November 8, 2015
Hey, Mr. Developer Man: Don't just build to leave your children a great inheritance. Build something that your grandchildren will be proud of. Let them know that you are and were a progressive builder who believed in passing a sustainable future on to them.
This, of course, means going beyond the current building code for insulation and windows. This means Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification. Read http://inhabitat.com/infographic-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-leed. Or visit those geniuses at the Rocky Mountain Institute down in Basalt. And FYI, you get a better rate of return on your investment. But you have to tell your architects to do it; only you can specify this.
As Albert Einstein said, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’