Letter: Build for the future
November 8, 2015
Hey, Mr. Developer Man: Don't just build to leave your children a great inheritance. Build something that your grandchildren will be proud of. Let them know that you are and were a progressive builder who believed in passing a sustainable future on to them.
This, of course, means going beyond the current building code for insulation and windows. This means Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Platinum certification. Read http://inhabitat.com/infographic-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-leed. Or visit those geniuses at the Rocky Mountain Institute down in Basalt. And FYI, you get a better rate of return on your investment. But you have to tell your architects to do it; only you can specify this.
As Albert Einstein said, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division