Letter: Be a part of poetry
November 3, 2015
Many thanks to Aspen Public Radio for featuring the Aspen Poets' Society in its Nonprofit Spotlight for October. The four interviews that were broadcast over the course of the month gave us the opportunity to inform listeners about our grassroots organization, which recently celebrated its ninth anniversary. Kudos to Cornelia Carpenter, who conducted the interviews and who produced the five-minute spots. Priceless.
We hope more people will now join in our monthly Live Poetry Nights at Victoria's Cafe, where poetry is as much for the audience as it is for the poets. Whether you are simply a listener or an open-mic participant, you can be part of the art of poetry at the only consistent venue for the spoken word in Aspen. Everyone is welcome.
Lisa Max Zimet
Aspen Poets' Society
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis