Letter: Be a Buddy
January 15, 2016
My husband and I have been mentors in the Buddy Program since 1998. Each pairing, including our current with twins Mayda and Lluvia C., have enriched our lives.
Mentoring in the Buddy Program goes beyond its definition. A bonding, lasting relationship is created and nurtured over time. The mentoring creates a circle of trust around the Little Buddy that positively affects their social and emotional development, academics and relationships with family and friends. The intrinsic rewards outweigh the time invested.
Enrich the life of a deserving child in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enrich your own life by becoming a mentor in the Buddy Program. The Buddy Program is hosting its Mentor and Mingle event at BB's Kitchen from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. The community is invited to learn more about volunteering as a mentor in the Buddy Program. Refreshments will be provided!
Lisa Amador DiMento
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Accidental gun discharge in Aspen leads to probation