Letter: Back in the race
December 10, 2014
Thank you to the Aspen community for all your enthusiasm and support over the years!
After sitting out the entire 2014 season due to injury, I am back! In my first World Cup race of the 2015 season, I scored my best-ever World Cup result, 22nd from a starting position of 56 in the downhill in Lake Louise, Alberta. A dislocated elbow prevented me from competing last week in Beaver Creek, but I will return to competition in January. I need your support to continue my progression and competition on the World Cup downhill circuit.
I have recently launched a Rally Me crowdfunding campaign to help offset the cost of my training, travel and competing this ski season. Rally Me is an online fundraising website dedicated to keeping athletes like me in the game. On the page, you will find a video describing a little about me and my love for the sport of skiing as well as a detailed write-up of my plans for this season and how your contribution will help me reach my goals. Please help me reach my goals by seeking out this website (Google "Rally Me Wiley Maple"), making a contribution and following me on the World Cup downhill circuit!
Thank you for your support!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo
- Business Monday: Small Aspen labor pool for job fair season