Letter (Aug. 24): Put the brakes on bike race in Aspen
August 23, 2013
Put the brakes on bike race in Aspen
I don't know who said that the bike race was good for Aspen, but from a retailer's standpoint it has completely ruined business the last two days. I own a store in the North of Nell and I have never had worse foot traffic and less-than-desirable clientele.
It has felt like off-season the last two days which is not boosting the economy here in town.
Every retailer I have spoken to is ready to petition this from not happening again next year. It's a waste of tax money and bike tires.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million