Letter (Aug. 20): Poor planning
August 20, 2013
Sunday afternoon was the final performance of the Aspen Music Festival, one of the true jewels in Aspen's cultural crown. It was superb. Until rock music from the event on Main Street poured over the concert.
Aspen has a right to its sports event, but the rock music was an obnoxious and poorly timed intrusion on a venerable Aspen institution. The city and cycling planners couldn't figure out how to schedule a noncompeting music event?
Good luck with the rest of what they're planning.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance