Letter (Aug. 20): Poor planning
August 20, 2013
Sunday afternoon was the final performance of the Aspen Music Festival, one of the true jewels in Aspen's cultural crown. It was superb. Until rock music from the event on Main Street poured over the concert.
Aspen has a right to its sports event, but the rock music was an obnoxious and poorly timed intrusion on a venerable Aspen institution. The city and cycling planners couldn't figure out how to schedule a noncompeting music event?
Good luck with the rest of what they're planning.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner