Letter (Aug. 20): Poor planning
August 20, 2013
Sunday afternoon was the final performance of the Aspen Music Festival, one of the true jewels in Aspen's cultural crown. It was superb. Until rock music from the event on Main Street poured over the concert.
Aspen has a right to its sports event, but the rock music was an obnoxious and poorly timed intrusion on a venerable Aspen institution. The city and cycling planners couldn't figure out how to schedule a noncompeting music event?
Good luck with the rest of what they're planning.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain