Letter: Attacking religion
December 9, 2015
Chad Klinger, in his letter on Islamist violence, says, "It's the religion, stupid" ("Wrong about attackers," The Aspen Times, Dec. 8). By implication, all Muslims are thus suspect if not, in fact, collectively guilty.
If that is the case, then the Israelis who murdered an Arab teenager cause all Jews to be guilty. And the Christian members of the Ku Klux Klan who lynched blacks cause all Christians to be defiled.
It is not the religion; it is the individuals who distort any religion to their own perverse ends.
Klinger might review recent as well as more ancient history.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified