Letter: Attacking religion
December 9, 2015
Chad Klinger, in his letter on Islamist violence, says, "It's the religion, stupid" ("Wrong about attackers," The Aspen Times, Dec. 8). By implication, all Muslims are thus suspect if not, in fact, collectively guilty.
If that is the case, then the Israelis who murdered an Arab teenager cause all Jews to be guilty. And the Christian members of the Ku Klux Klan who lynched blacks cause all Christians to be defiled.
It is not the religion; it is the individuals who distort any religion to their own perverse ends.
Klinger might review recent as well as more ancient history.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility