Letter: Attacking religion
December 9, 2015
Chad Klinger, in his letter on Islamist violence, says, "It's the religion, stupid" ("Wrong about attackers," The Aspen Times, Dec. 8). By implication, all Muslims are thus suspect if not, in fact, collectively guilty.
If that is the case, then the Israelis who murdered an Arab teenager cause all Jews to be guilty. And the Christian members of the Ku Klux Klan who lynched blacks cause all Christians to be defiled.
It is not the religion; it is the individuals who distort any religion to their own perverse ends.
Klinger might review recent as well as more ancient history.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million