Letter: Are gas prices fixed?
October 28, 2015
Am I the only one who wonders why gas prices are ridiculously high in our valley? I doubt it. Why is gas 47 cents cheaper per gallon in Glenwood than neighboring Carbondale and more than $1 less than Aspen? Is it just a coincidence that all gas stations in each town seem to charge the exact same amount? Is there any other commodity that adheres to this pricing structure? I was just visiting an upscale tourist town where gas was $1.99. Maybe someone in our government could investigate possible price fixing, which affects probably 99.9 percent of their constituency.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border