Letter: Are gas prices fixed?
October 28, 2015
Am I the only one who wonders why gas prices are ridiculously high in our valley? I doubt it. Why is gas 47 cents cheaper per gallon in Glenwood than neighboring Carbondale and more than $1 less than Aspen? Is it just a coincidence that all gas stations in each town seem to charge the exact same amount? Is there any other commodity that adheres to this pricing structure? I was just visiting an upscale tourist town where gas was $1.99. Maybe someone in our government could investigate possible price fixing, which affects probably 99.9 percent of their constituency.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million