Letter: An inspirational trend
November 7, 2015
Kudos to Auden Schendler for acknowledging Pope Francis and the Weather Channel for their ability to discuss human-caused climate change and for their desire to talk about solutions to this global problem ("Drink beer, eat ice cream, help climate," The Aspen Times, Nov. 2).
I have noticed that the PBS show "This Old House" also has shown great transformational leadership on this. It is refreshing to hear the show talk about solutions, too. In their latest show, episode 1404, Richard and Kevin traveled to Germany to "discover how the country has become a world leader in energy efficiency." They visited a 100-year-old house and a small hotel that have been upgraded to operate on renewable energy. It is amazing and inspirational. And it is comforting to know that there are such smart people around. Sometimes, you have to look for them.
As Albert Einstein said, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified