Letter: All about Eve
December 14, 2013
The apostrophe, and common sense, seems to hold no sway in Aspen. The holiday coming up at the end of the month is called "New Year's Eve 2014." There is no arguing that the "new year" is 2014 and that the apostrophe "s" means that the eve it is possessing is the day before the new year.
New Year's Eve 2013 was last year.
For the love of god, please get it right on your menus, signs and advertisements. It is embarrassing!
Other than that, Aspen, you look pretty in your white dress.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Snowmass Club, Aspen Shakti, three other businesses say Aspen Club has not paid them in months
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Arapahoe Basin chief operating officer shares reasons for breakup with Vail Resorts