Letter: All about Eve
December 14, 2013
The apostrophe, and common sense, seems to hold no sway in Aspen. The holiday coming up at the end of the month is called "New Year's Eve 2014." There is no arguing that the "new year" is 2014 and that the apostrophe "s" means that the eve it is possessing is the day before the new year.
New Year's Eve 2013 was last year.
For the love of god, please get it right on your menus, signs and advertisements. It is embarrassing!
Other than that, Aspen, you look pretty in your white dress.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall