Letter: All about Eve
December 14, 2013
The apostrophe, and common sense, seems to hold no sway in Aspen. The holiday coming up at the end of the month is called "New Year's Eve 2014." There is no arguing that the "new year" is 2014 and that the apostrophe "s" means that the eve it is possessing is the day before the new year.
New Year's Eve 2013 was last year.
For the love of god, please get it right on your menus, signs and advertisements. It is embarrassing!
Other than that, Aspen, you look pretty in your white dress.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)