Letter: A woman of character
October 7, 2013
A woman of character
Aspen sure lost an icon. A most unforgettable woman. I so respected Helen, even in disagreement.
You will be getting many "Helen" stories, all very telling. Here is one that I think speaks to her character: After a particularly contentious council meeting, I received a phone call from her (I hardly knew her at the time) apologizing for her possibly having overreacted as mayor during that meeting.
There you go. I think I will end this right here. I need to go call someone. Good-bye, Helen, and God bless.
Charles T. Kennedy
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases