Letter: A woman of character
October 7, 2013
A woman of character
Aspen sure lost an icon. A most unforgettable woman. I so respected Helen, even in disagreement.
You will be getting many "Helen" stories, all very telling. Here is one that I think speaks to her character: After a particularly contentious council meeting, I received a phone call from her (I hardly knew her at the time) apologizing for her possibly having overreacted as mayor during that meeting.
There you go. I think I will end this right here. I need to go call someone. Good-bye, Helen, and God bless.
Charles T. Kennedy
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites