Letter: A vote to preserve and enhance our community
October 16, 2014
I have lived in the Maroon Creek Valley for more than 44 years. During that time, I have been both active and vocal in support of sustaining and improving our community. I am pleased to lend my full support to Patti Clapper in her bid for a position on the Board of County Commissioners. We, Pitkin County residents, have been fortunate to have had Patti serve as a past commissioner and have seen her in action. She is honest, tried and true to her desire to see Pitkin County thrive while endeavoring to preserve a sense of reality, beauty and history.
Though I love Rob Ittner's restaurant, I can't say the same for his positions while serving on the present board. I have sat in on several recent commissioners' meetings and was sad to see that Rob could give so little weight to the residents of our local rural neighborhood and vote to approve another, would-be megahome that was actually situated in an area of possible avalanche. This is not the kind of judgment that I am comfortable with.
Patti has always listened carefully to her constituents and made decisions that will serve our community well into the future. May she be there to help preserve and enhance our very special community.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change