Letter: A response to Freida Wallison’s letter
November 1, 2014
A response to Freida Wallison's letter to the editor
I confess: We used the greeting "Dear High-IQ Voter" because "Dear Really, Really, Ridiculously Good-Looking Voter" took up too much space. It was to amuse and get constituents to read further, which Freida — with her high IQ — knows.
For Freida to pretend that it was a serious statement (i.e. "warning: If you do not have a high IQ, read no further — if you've made it this far") is supremely disingenuous, or as we low-to-medium IQ voters say, "baloney."
After presenting her long list of frenemies, Freida concludes her LTE with a not-so-veiled threat: "It's possible that we will see a change in the U.S. Senate and the Colorado State House on November 4. If so, you can be assured that the Pitkin County Republicans will not forget that civil discourse starts at home."
I'm amused, but a little concerned that our letter is being included (however spuriously) as a proof point in her endless litany of people the Republicans we will get even with after the election, but take comfort that I have a lot of company, and it will take her a while to find us in Woody Creek.
P.S. To all you really, really, ridiculously good-looking voters — vote! They haven't made it illegal yet.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday