Letter: A request for more flowers next summer
November 3, 2014
We have been coming to Aspen for 40 years, and we love the summer flowers everywhere around town, furnished by the city of Aspen. It is disappointing that all the neighboring towns from Basalt to Vail have beautiful flowers and landscaping in their roundabouts,but we are greeted with weeds in Aspen. It would be lovely to gaze on flowers while we wait in traffic to drive into Aspen.
It also would be helpful if the city would paint the parking lines in the core so we would know exactly where to park and not take up several places. You apparently have white paint for the designated bike lanes in the core.
Thank you for being such a wonderful place to visit all these years.
Midland, Texas, and Aspen
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday