Letter: A Republican Clinton?
September 27, 2013
A Republican Clinton?
With the nation's political climate in turmoil, could the timing be right for the illogical to occur! Consider the fact that Hillary Clinton is a serious, popular viable candidate for president in 2016, and consider the concern that the ailing Republican party may not have anyone "qualified," still suffering from two successive election defeats as the result of running weak, ineffective contenders, and consider the possibility that many Democrat voters are finally dissatisfied with the party's leadership support for the failed presidency of Obama.
Could this provide a realistic opportunity for Hillary to change her party affiliation, as Ronald Reagan did in 1962, and for her to run for president as a Republican, possibly gaining the advantage of obtaining the popular vote of the masses of disgruntled voters from both parties?
Now, isn't that ridiculous?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo