Letter: A lose-lose situation?
December 3, 2013
A lose-lose situation?
In the 10-plus year history of snow polo in Aspen, the event has proven the following:
• Snow polo can be very dangerous for the horses.
• Snow polo can be extremely damaging to the field on which it's played.
• Snow polo attracts a sparse crowd.
This year the applicant has agreed to make and/or truck snow to Wagner Park for the event in an attempt to protect the field. Thirty-plus tons of man-made snow is not a positive for Aspen's carbon footprint.
Recommended Stories For You
I question the decision-making of City Council and the Parks Department regarding snow polo.
What's the point?
Andrew M. Israel
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Mountain lions acting aggressively in West Glenwood