Letter: A lose-lose situation?
December 3, 2013
A lose-lose situation?
In the 10-plus year history of snow polo in Aspen, the event has proven the following:
• Snow polo can be very dangerous for the horses.
• Snow polo can be extremely damaging to the field on which it's played.
• Snow polo attracts a sparse crowd.
This year the applicant has agreed to make and/or truck snow to Wagner Park for the event in an attempt to protect the field. Thirty-plus tons of man-made snow is not a positive for Aspen's carbon footprint.
Recommended Stories For You
I question the decision-making of City Council and the Parks Department regarding snow polo.
What's the point?
Andrew M. Israel
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says