Letter: A lawsuit might be next
September 27, 2014
A lawsuit might be next
Two fine gentleman, Bob Sirkus, chair, Snowmass Village Planning Commission, and Greg Rulan urge council to get Base Village started again. But, here's the problem. The 2004 PUD died in the abandonment by Related and the foreclosure. The reasons and legal opinion were given to council on Aug. 18 at a public hearing.
There are other ways without all the "trust me's" to get Base Village going again, such as zoning variances.
I love it when Aspen Skiing Co. jumps in at the last minute to help Related and get 14 townhouses approved with the promise of a hotel. Once they get the 14 lots, they don't have to build a hotel.
Comrades, Related and the Skico are "market driven." If the market is not to their liking, they don't have to build or finish anything, unless bonded 150 percent of cost.
Here's my final word. If the town of Snowmass Village tries to extend vesting or approves any new and incomplete buildings without 150 percent bonds on public and private work, I will sue everybody attempting an illegal act. If the above is satisfied, then the Metro District should go bye-bye.
Recommended Stories For You
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11