Letter: A dangerous idiot
The Donald Trump acceptance speech was bizarre, to say the least. As I see it:
1. His plans for NATO are to prepare a list of NATO members behind in their dues — countries America won’t defend. I guess he’d give the list to Vladimir Putin and say, “Go for it.”
2. He is still saying a wall would be built between Mexico and North America. He forgot to say, as he has said in the past, Mexico would pay for it. Trump should ask Israel about its incomplete wall. It’s a joke. However, it sure would employ a lot of Mexicans.
3. Trade agreements would be changed to bring back jobs. Have you seen pictures of what the Rust Belt looks like? Who would pay for their restoration?
4. Safety on the streets: What an insult to the hardworking police of America. If they could do more, they would. If Trump wants to help, he should become a cop, not president. He cannot do it alone. How stupid; it takes a government and military.
5. As a real estate developer, Trump is your regular off-the-street con artist. Whatever he could get away with, he’d do — bankruptcies, etc.
6. Do we want this “shoot from the hip” finger on the nuclear-missile button?
7. In conclusion, Trump would solve all of America’s wars, a la George W. Bush, with boots on the ground.
Not only is Trump an idiot — he is dangerous.
Richard C. Goodwin
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.