Letter: A class act
October 15, 2013
A class act
The best of Aspen was Helen Klanderud. She was one of those rare souls who cared more about the good of everyone than she did about herself. It was my privilege to serve on City Council while she was mayor, an experience that showed me it was possible to serve as a politician in Aspen and remain decent, caring, and consistently respectful of everyone and their demands no matter how long the meeting ran.
And she could party! With anyone! No matter what had happened just a half hour before.
In our increasingly bifurcated town where everything instantly becomes an "issue" with sides lining up behind almost anything, Helen was always the reasonable adult in the room. Safe travels Helen, you will be missed.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border