Letter: A caring community
December 3, 2013
A caring community
On Friday, Nov. 22, I was involved in an accident on Maroon Creek bridge. I would like to thank the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority bus driver for doing all that he could to protect the other drivers and myself. Without his quick and responsive maneuvering there would certainly have been more injuries.
I would also like to thank the fire department, EMT services, and Aspen Valley Hospital staff for taking such good care of me.
Thanks to "Jacob," the good Samaritan who stopped to help on the icy bridge. He was able to get my wife's cell number and call her for me. The Aspen Police officer, Kirk Wheatley, was very professional, patient and polite. I would like to apologize for all of the commuters who were delayed on their Friday evening. I also want to thank all of my friends, family and acquaintances who have been thinking of me.
Aspen is truly a special little community, and I am blessed to call it my home.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility