Letter: A call for resignation
October 16, 2013
A call for resignation
It's been five years already and it seems the Obama administration is hellbent on trying to top the last outrage with a new one.
Witness the recent closing of the war memorials and turning away our military heroes while Obama-supporting immigrants and outright illegals get a free pass to meet on the mall. Terrific.
And then our secretary of Defense hides under his desk and passes the buck "under advice from the lawyers" as the families of fallen military are denied death benefits.
I hesitate to even write his name, as he doesn't merit that level of recognition; in my estimation he doesn't deserve to push the wheelchair of the many vets that were at the memorials.
I find his involvement in this matter pathetic, reprehensible, deplorable.
Recommended Stories For You
This was a sickening and heartbreaking stain on the administration that continues to attempt to inflict as much pain as they can during the sequestration and government shutdown.
Join me in calling for the secretary to tender his resignation immediately.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says