Letter: A bridge to nowhere
September 27, 2014
A bridge to nowhere
After reading a lot of letters lately about the proposed bridge replacements, I've come to a couple of conclusions:
One, if that misbegotten monster gets built I'm going to ask my boss if I can move into his up-valley basement for the construction duration.
Two, widening that perfectly serviceable and maintainable bridge will increase car and especially truck traffic through the heart of Glenwood.
Build it and they will come. Aspen can discourage traffic and we need a bridge to facilitate it?
And to those whining ninnies who claim great fear while driving on our Grand Bridge, I say take some driving lessons and get your eyesight checked.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche