Letter: A bridge to nowhere
September 27, 2014
A bridge to nowhere
After reading a lot of letters lately about the proposed bridge replacements, I've come to a couple of conclusions:
One, if that misbegotten monster gets built I'm going to ask my boss if I can move into his up-valley basement for the construction duration.
Two, widening that perfectly serviceable and maintainable bridge will increase car and especially truck traffic through the heart of Glenwood.
Build it and they will come. Aspen can discourage traffic and we need a bridge to facilitate it?
And to those whining ninnies who claim great fear while driving on our Grand Bridge, I say take some driving lessons and get your eyesight checked.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Aspen on the Hill: Zombie people of the Rio Grande Trail
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites