Letter: A black eye for Snowmass
December 19, 2013
The egregious behavior of Mayor Bill Boineau at the Town Council meeting on Monday was both disrespectful and rude. Residents and second-home owners of Snowmass Village should be appalled and embarrassed by his actions. After first rescheduling the period for public comment by pushing it back 90 minutes and then unilaterally quashing any public comments about Krabloonik, the mayor's words are a slap in the face to all members of the public.
At least the mayor stated that he was willing to "take the heat" for his actions. It is not new news that the mayor and Dan MacEachen are longtime friends, but the mayor's actions cause one to wonder if there is something else going on. It is very hard to believe that the mayor does not have a conflict of interest in this matter and that he should recuse himself from the issue. Setting aside the allegations of abuse that continue to plague Krabloonik year after year, ignoring whether the district attorney will file charges and whether ultimately animal abuse will be proved or if one is a passionate supporter of Krabloonik and MacEachen, this pathetic behavior from Boineau is a black eye for Snowmass Village.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director