Letter: 24-hour voting
October 29, 2014
We basically have 24 hour a day voting available now until 7 p.m. Nov. 4. Voters can hand-deliver their mail-in ballot to the Pitkin County Clerk's Office, located on Main Street next to the Courthouse in Aspen, 24 hours a day until Nov. 4. Voters can just slip in their mail ballot through the Pitkin Clerk's secure mail-in ballot slot at the clerk's front door or during business hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you lost or did not receive your ballot, you can go to the Pitkin County Clerk's Office and they will cancel your lost ballot, hand you a new one and you can vote right away.
Additionally, we now have same day voter registration in Colorado, eligible residents with a picture ID can register to vote and vote in the same day all the way up until Nov. 4.
So no more excuses, get your mail-in ballots off your kitchen table and go vote today.
Blanca Uzeta O'Leary
Chair, Pitkin County Democratic Party
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)