Leave real estate out Columbus debate
October 9, 2017
Claire McDougall mysteriously picks on "real estate guys" in commenting on Columbus ("Columbus was no hero," letters, Oct. 4, The Aspen Times.
While holding the one in the White House in such low regard as to prevent my contempt of the occupant being politely phrased for public comment, it has no bearing on the comments about Aspen City Council and name changing of holidays. Being a "real estate guy" does not shape my politics.
Claire suggests Columbus' mission was all about "land and money." Was that not the objective of all the early explorers? And you could add the spread of religion to the Spanish motivations.
Claire might review my comments and better understand the point.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman