Lame! JAS! Lame!
September 3, 2018
Did anyone else feel ripped off in the VIP Silver Donor section at the Jack Johnson show Saturday? The concert was what we expected – great tunes, good sound and visuals and very chill. However, the food and beverage offerings were a disappointment. In fact, the food stations started packing up shortly after 8 p.m. when Jack came on and the bar stopped serving before 8:30 p.m.! We were told state liquor laws demanded it. Really? On Friday night at the Lionel Richie show, they served until 9 p.m. and shut down when the storm alert was announced and the grounds were cleared. Yes, part of the steep donor three-day pass cost of $2,000 may be claimed as a charitable donation, but we certainly did not receive good value for the cost of admission. We're going general admission all the way next time, if there is a next time. Thank you Compass Bank for pouring us a glass of rose!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified