Kronberg: Let me spread the facts about Aspen city offices
August 13, 2017
Dear mayor and Aspen City Council,
Thank you for listening to the community by holding a work session at 4 p.m. Tuesday to discuss putting all four financing options for the new Galena Plaza city offices on the upcoming Nov. 8 election.
The four options are general obligation bonds, certificates of participation, cash, or borrowing from the Wheeler Opera House fund.
I know a concern has been expressed by Mick Ireland, as well as some members of the council, that alternative facts and misinformation will be spread before the election.
We know the city can publish a financial fact sheet on the different options for paying for the new city offices just like the city did with the vote on the Armory use.
Since no one else has stepped up to help the city distribute the facts, I would like to take on the volunteer job of handing out the city's financial fact sheet and handing out only the city's fact sheet.
Recommended Stories For You
Again, thank you for your representative democracy by listening to the voters that the voters want direct democracy via the ballot box on the financing mechanism for the new city offices.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River