Ireland best suited for assessor
October 27, 2018
Mick Ireland is best qualified for Pitkin County Assessor.
When I was a reporter at The Aspen Times, I covered Ireland when he was a county commissioner. I can say that he is one of the hardest working and most community-minded public servants I encountered in 17 years as a working journalist.
Ireland has always wanted to make things work better for the public. As a county commissioner, he was instrumental in the adoption of rural and remote zoning that protected backcountry in-holdings from becoming mega mansions. As Aspen's mayor, he helped draw international-caliber bicycle races to town, and he helped revise the zoning rules to halt residential construction in the commercial core. Ireland has been a longtime and effective advocate for affordable housing.
Finally, Ireland pays his taxes. His opponent has a spotty record in paying hers. Pitkin County deserves an assessor who is well organized, responsible and has the best interests of the county residents in mind. Vote Mick Ireland for County Assessor.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River