Hold Federal Reserve accountable
January 9, 2019
If you could help your friends make money, with no repercussions on you, would you? Well, that is what the chair of the Federal Reserve did by raising interest rates that benefit banks and bankers for doing nothing.
What a scam! Congress created the Federal Reserve Board in 1913, and it is time for some changes. Simple ones, like if the Federal Reserve wants to raise interest rates, it can only be done with 50 percent congressional approval.
Let the Federal Reserve make its case for increasing rates to Congress and the American citizens. We have never had "accountability" from the Federal Reserve, but we should get it from Congress. Even Trump sees no reason to raise interest rates.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7