Free speech for all
October 6, 2017
Standing with your hand over your heart when our anthem is played is respect for our military, alive and dead. After that three minutes, kneel for whatever reason. It is a form of free speech. Then play ball!
Trump calling "SOB" is so classic Trump stupidity.
I think our National Anthem should be "America the Beautiful." The present one is too war-like. Let's kneel for a change.
Dr. Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction