Free speech for all
October 6, 2017
Standing with your hand over your heart when our anthem is played is respect for our military, alive and dead. After that three minutes, kneel for whatever reason. It is a form of free speech. Then play ball!
Trump calling "SOB" is so classic Trump stupidity.
I think our National Anthem should be "America the Beautiful." The present one is too war-like. Let's kneel for a change.
Dr. Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone