Crowning acheivement — gas or gag?
July 1, 2018
How many crowning achievements does Aspen, Snowmass Village and Pitkin County do unto Henry Crown and Company which keeps the company's money and tax credits multiplying on its books doing accounting magic tricks that makes their company and personal wealth seem to grow and grow through ink?
Henry Crown and Company owns both the Aspen Skiing Company (SkiCo) and the Gillig Corporation.
Gillig Corp. is the second largest public bus maker in North America with 31 percent of the market share. It is headquartered in Livermore, California. Also it makes school buses, too.
SkiCo freely gives the City of Aspen several million dollars to purchase new transit buses. The City turns around and buys buses from Gillig Corp., another Crown family company.
This Crown family gratitude to the City kept the Crown family's money completely in their family.
No lost to Henry Crown and Company. Only just super fat profits and write-offs. Ain't that a gas or gag in corporate American largesse?!
Recommended Stories For You
Emzy Veazy III
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million