Changes needed on Aspen School District Board of Education
October 19, 2017
Finally, the right question was asked publicly: Grade Dr. John Maloy's performance as superintendent of the Aspen School District (Oct. 13, The Aspen Times).
The number of fabulous teachers who have left the Aspen School District, fired or otherwise, the climate and morale, lip service given to "we have your back," etc., etc., are ruining the district.
I have spoken to three of the five present board members and all has fallen on deaf ears.
Candidate Jonathan Nickell is quoted as saying that the Board of Education is dysfunctional. Candidate Susan Zimet and Jonathan know that teachers don't speak out for fear of retribution. Please read the Aspen Times five-question series for board candidates, and if you care about your child's education, you'll vote for Nickell and Zimet.
Former teacher of 31 years, Aspen School District
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art