Buddy and Family Picnic one of our favorite events
June 22, 2018
On June 19, nearly 100 Little Buddies, Big Buddies and some of their family members attended the Buddy Program's annual Picnic at Arbaney Park in Basalt to celebrate summer and their special relationships! In addition to sharing a delicious dinner including many homemade delicacies brought by our Little Buddies' families, participants enjoyed a great magic show by Jammin Jim, as well as lots of fun lawn games. Our Buddy and Family Picnic has become one of our favorite events of the year and it is such a testament to the profound impact that mentors have on the lives of youth. Our four mentoring programs and the critical services that we provide to our local youth are made possible by the amazing support of our community.
If you haven't already done so, be sure to register for the Boogie's Buddy 5-Mile Race on July 4 and join us at the Bash for the Buddies on July 6. More information on the Race, Bash and becoming a Big Buddy available at buddyprogram.org or call us at 970-920-2130.
Community Program Manager
The Buddy Program
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman