BRT needed on the weekends
September 9, 2018
When I arrived at the Carbondale park-and-ride Saturday to see the next local bus was 24 minutes out and "No BRTs," I thought "Oh no, it's off/shoulder season!"
I am fortunate to have a job I enjoy up in Aspen. Many of us downvalley folk work on weekends. We weekend working warriors would be grateful if we could ever get at least two morning BRT and two evening BRT buses in the offseason — even an old school e"X"press bus would be better than the Local.
Fortunately I also have a Prius that only costs $6 roundtrip to Aspen and back to Carbondale. The bus costs $12 round trip. Guess I will drive more on the weekends.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says