Basalt Planning and Zoning are development addicts
July 8, 2018
Asking the Basalt Planning and Zoning Board to advise on what the zoning should be on the Pan and Fork River Park is like asking a drug addict if they want more drugs. The present four-member board is comprised of a builder, a real estate agent and an architect. On July 17, the board of development addicts will be meeting to formalize their recommendation to council.
Like the drug addicts ignore recommendations telling them not to use drugs, the Planning and Zoning board will ignore the preferences of citizens. In November 2014, a survey conducted by the town of Basalt advised against putting higher end housing on the Roaring Fork Community Development Corp. parcel by an over whelming 93 percent of the 450 respondents.
The new development proposal from Tim Belinski and the Roaring Fork Community Development Corp. "nonprofit" is comprised of 86 percent high-end housing. Moral of story when people are described as being philanthropists be careful as they may give you a dime before bundles of cash are found to be missing.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River