Basalt park trending the wrong way
September 9, 2018
Tim Belinski has stolen the name of the park for his proposed development (Basalt River Park LLC). This is confusing and an insult to the citizens who want a park and open space.
The town has an obligation to honor the public investment and the displacement of minority residents. Also, honor the residents by adhering to the survey results of not allowing any type of high-end residential development on the parcel.
Tim Belinski's architecture firm CCY has failed to offer a realistic design that is compatible with the existing commercial buildings on Midland Avenue. They were politically active representing Lowe Enterprise. Now they are back and they fail to support reality. Their focus is on an ultra-modern design and exclusive housing for the second-homeowner.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers