Aspen parents clog up roundabout
December 5, 2017
There is discussion to charge a fee in the summer for cyclists riding up Maroon Creek Road, as the numbers are on the rise. I propose the city and or county charge a fee for all the parents driving their child to school and picking them up. Five bucks a pop or save with drop-off and pick up for $8! That money can go toward school projects, roundabout landscaping or road maintenance.
Seriously, there are school buses and RFTA buses yet parents are driving their kids 2 miles to school in 45-degree weather in the mornings. The constant line of outbound Aspen cars looping the roundabout (usually with one child in them) backs up inbound Highway 82, but I am certain they do not care about that.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River