Another option for the Pan and Fork parcel
November 11, 2018
Basalt Town Council is holding a public hearing Tuesday. The discussion includes a sketch plan application to build 28 residential units and three commercial buildings on the former Pan and Fork property.
This is land is currently owned by the Community Development Corp., a nonprofit group of investors.
The developer, Basalt River Park LLC, is asking to rezone this parcel. It wants to amend the current community-serving commercial zone district to allow this subdivision.
The Basalt Our Town survey showed that only 7 percent of the public was in favor of residents living on this parcel.
This development would be more appropriate on the former Clark's Market/Restore property.
I encourage Town Council to preserve the Pan and Fork property for a public-serving town park. Then all citizens would have the right to use and enjoy this property instead it being privatized.
Recommended Stories For You
Patrice K. Becker
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Shake-up at Aspen Skiing Co. over alleged retail racket
- No damage after small quakes north of Glenwood
- City of Aspen slams on brakes with Lyft contract
- Aspen School District taking measures to remove human resources director
- Developer to city of Aspen: $150M in tax revenue to come in if base of mountain is redeveloped