Anger at chief misguided
July 11, 2018
I am so angry at the letters directed at our fire chief. I have known Scott Thompson for years and he is a highly educated professional. At the start of the Lake Christine Fire, his plan of attack was based on what he knew at the offset and the resources he had at the time. To protect the immediate area of houses in the Wilds and Hillside residential areas above downtown Basalt. The wind changed. When he can predict that, perhaps he deserves a job with the Almighty. I understand that at the first community meeting, he took responsibility for his decision. That's what leaders do.
So all you armchair generals out there critiquing a battle after it's over, you should be ashamed. I'm quite sure you don't have the balls to do his job.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall