Anger at chief misguided
July 11, 2018
I am so angry at the letters directed at our fire chief. I have known Scott Thompson for years and he is a highly educated professional. At the start of the Lake Christine Fire, his plan of attack was based on what he knew at the offset and the resources he had at the time. To protect the immediate area of houses in the Wilds and Hillside residential areas above downtown Basalt. The wind changed. When he can predict that, perhaps he deserves a job with the Almighty. I understand that at the first community meeting, he took responsibility for his decision. That's what leaders do.
So all you armchair generals out there critiquing a battle after it's over, you should be ashamed. I'm quite sure you don't have the balls to do his job.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million