A vicious cycle
September 14, 2017
Mick Ireland is our local spokesperson on biking. He thinks it is OK to ride two abreast and hog the road. I faced this at a hairpin curve on Owl Creek Road. As I was passing the road hogs, when a bike path was 10 feet away, I almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way. I should have knocked the road-hog bikers off the road, but I stopped in time.
Bikers should have numbers on them so violators can be turned in. Why can't they use the million-dollar bike paths, Mick?
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area