A vicious cycle
September 14, 2017
Mick Ireland is our local spokesperson on biking. He thinks it is OK to ride two abreast and hog the road. I faced this at a hairpin curve on Owl Creek Road. As I was passing the road hogs, when a bike path was 10 feet away, I almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way. I should have knocked the road-hog bikers off the road, but I stopped in time.
Bikers should have numbers on them so violators can be turned in. Why can't they use the million-dollar bike paths, Mick?
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday