A vicious cycle
September 14, 2017
Mick Ireland is our local spokesperson on biking. He thinks it is OK to ride two abreast and hog the road. I faced this at a hairpin curve on Owl Creek Road. As I was passing the road hogs, when a bike path was 10 feet away, I almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way. I should have knocked the road-hog bikers off the road, but I stopped in time.
Bikers should have numbers on them so violators can be turned in. Why can't they use the million-dollar bike paths, Mick?
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman