Letter: What’s the point of immigration laws?
December 16, 2016
I appreciate Sheriff Joe DiSalvo and Chief Richard Pryor's position on the immigration issue ("Aspen area cops: We won't round up illegal immigrants," Dec. 11, The Aspen Times). However, illegal entry is still illegal and should be enforced as such. We don't have selective enforcement for drunken driving or transporting marijuana. Just how is it that a certain class of people are allowed to break the law as the judicial system looks the other way?
I don't think transporting marijuana is any better or worse than illegal entry into a country. Food for thought.
Trending In: Opinion
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility
- Pitkin County to prompt valley-wide recycling changes, looking to end drop-off sites