Letter: What’s the point of immigration laws?
December 16, 2016
I appreciate Sheriff Joe DiSalvo and Chief Richard Pryor's position on the immigration issue ("Aspen area cops: We won't round up illegal immigrants," Dec. 11, The Aspen Times). However, illegal entry is still illegal and should be enforced as such. We don't have selective enforcement for drunken driving or transporting marijuana. Just how is it that a certain class of people are allowed to break the law as the judicial system looks the other way?
I don't think transporting marijuana is any better or worse than illegal entry into a country. Food for thought.
Trending In: Opinion
- Tony Vagneur: Reminiscing for moment for a bit of perspective, posterity
- Mike Littwin: How hot does a smoking gun need to be before Trump is truly burned?
- Roger Marolt: A slower shutter speed to capture a picture-perfect powder day
- Aspen Princess: Taking baby steps to navigate this back-breaking labor of love
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday