Letter: What’s the point of immigration laws?
December 16, 2016
I appreciate Sheriff Joe DiSalvo and Chief Richard Pryor's position on the immigration issue ("Aspen area cops: We won't round up illegal immigrants," Dec. 11, The Aspen Times). However, illegal entry is still illegal and should be enforced as such. We don't have selective enforcement for drunken driving or transporting marijuana. Just how is it that a certain class of people are allowed to break the law as the judicial system looks the other way?
I don't think transporting marijuana is any better or worse than illegal entry into a country. Food for thought.
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents