Letter (Tuesday, Aug. 13): One Heck of a calculation
August 12, 2013
To Carl Heck, who responded in The Aspen Times on Aug. 8 to my suggestion of an underground parking garage beneath Wagner Park: It's unfortunate you didn't take a moment to check your facts with the city clerk as to what Rio Grande parking garage cost.
You could have saved yourself the trouble of calculating the math for an $80 million structure because if you had checked with the city clerk, you would have learned the Rio Grande parking garage only cost $6 million. Better to get the facts before doing calculations.
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen Times Editorial: Lift One ballot question carries too much baggage
- Aspen Princess: Nothing like a good illness to get your balance back
- Roger Marolt: The Skiers are restless at Lift 1A
- Meredith C. Carroll: Lift One is not a yes-or-no question
- Aspen Times Editorial: Torre is best choice for Aspen’s mayoral seat