Letter (Tuesday, Aug. 13): One Heck of a calculation
August 12, 2013
To Carl Heck, who responded in The Aspen Times on Aug. 8 to my suggestion of an underground parking garage beneath Wagner Park: It's unfortunate you didn't take a moment to check your facts with the city clerk as to what Rio Grande parking garage cost.
You could have saved yourself the trouble of calculating the math for an $80 million structure because if you had checked with the city clerk, you would have learned the Rio Grande parking garage only cost $6 million. Better to get the facts before doing calculations.
Trending In: Opinion
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases