We can’t support Lift One
These are things that the voters don’t know about 1A development:
1. It is estimated that 11,000-plus truckloads of dirt will need to be removed. The damage these trucks will do to our air, roads and minds will be great!
2. They are realigning the lift, and tens of thousands of trees will be cut down for the new lift line.
3. The taxpayers will pay $4.6 million. Why?
4. Do we really want more people here in our sweet little town at Christmas? X Games? Fourth of July? Driving and parking are insane and almost undoable at these times as it is. People come here because it is beautiful and funky and has unique charm. We already have a cookie-cutter, zero personality, slick Base Village in Snowmass.
5. Lift One Lodge is not a hotel! It is timeshare. So stop advertising it as a hotel.
6. The plan says there will be “old growth trees” in the park on top of the parking garage. Fact: Old growth trees need 8 feet deep of soil to grow. The amount of concrete needed to hold up that much dirt, not to mention the snow load, will be astronomical!
7. Public streets in that area will be closed for the private sector.
8. It is said that World Cup will come back. There is no guarantee of this. World Cup loves the Birds of Prey course in Beaver Creek.
9. It will bring the lift lower. If you can ski, you can walk two blocks to 1A!
Thanks for reading. My husband and I, both lifetime locals, are passionately against Lift One!
Please vote “no” on Lift One.
Beth and Pierre Wille