Letter: Trump hasn’t a chance
Well, well. What started out, as many thought, that Donald Trump’s quest for the Republican presidential nomination was a joke, has turned into a Republican nightmare.
Look at his negatives.
1. Insults the handicapped
2. Appears to be anti-women
3. He wants to rip apart Latino families by deporting millions, without a chance at citizenship. After all, we left our borders porous for cheap labor. How cruel!
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
4. He is a loose cannon who is disliked by 87 percent of American women
5. Our allies are fearful that his off-the-wall comments will trigger an international crisis.
Are there any positives?
1. He’s a successful businessman, even though a few of his companies are in receivership. Trump believes if you borrow big enough, the bank doesn’t own you — you own the bank. Too big to fail?
2. His wife, maybe our future first lady, is a Ukranian super model. But Hillary won’t be first lady; she will be commander in chief. Who knows what Bill Clinton will be? Keep him away from the White House staff — right?
Here’s the way I see it: The Democrats could put up Donald Duck against Donald Trump and win! In addition to Trump’s negatives, is the Republican policies to favor the rich people and corporations against the middle class and those in poverty and disadvantaged. They know (as Mitt Romney said) they will never vote Republican. After all, 45 percent of Americans don’t pay taxes. How good is that?
Americans always vote their pocketbooks and know not to stand on their own oxygen hose.
Richard C. Goodwin
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
With all the noise around testing Ms. Owens, I fear the real testing issues for our community, which impact our lives and livelihood, have been missed by one and all.