Letter: Crown board incumbents have served community well
Crown board incumbents have served community well
1. What the current Crown Mountain board has brought to the community is a first-class park district that has not cost the voter any more today than it did 10 years ago. Just much better managed and more activities and facilities.
2. Is there another public unity out there whose services and facilities have grown as dramatically as Crown Mountain’s over the last 10 to 12 years without costing any more? The library district, the school district and the fire district have all asked for and received increase tax funding since 2002. In the meantime, park facilities, programs and use has grown exponentially at no increased cost.
3. We now have a new national-caliber BMX park that has cost the voters zero, yes, zero dollars. Currently, BMX is an Olympic event.
4. In the works is the first and only public indoor tennis facility from Aspen to Grand Junction to Edwards that will cost the taxpayer zero dollars and is projected to make money for Crown Mountain Park & Recreation allowing Crown Mountain Park & Recreation to provide more activities without asking for a tax increase.
5. Two years ago the park board hired a new executive director, Chris Woods, who has increased the park revenue 6,000 percent in two years. Revenue dollars that can and are providing more access to park facilities at no increase in tax dollars.
6. The best is yet to come for your tax dollars. Keep and vote for the current board.
Please keep and re-elect for the current board members, Ted Bristol, Rich Pavcek and Bill Reynolds.
Vice president, Crown Mountain Park and Recreation Board
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
I would like to make a comment to Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority, city of Aspen, Aspen Skiing Co., etc. with the ongoing Lee Mulcahy drama that has infested our community. In fact, it really applies…