Five reasons for Mitsch Bush
Here are the top five reasons why I’m voting for Diane Mitsch Bush in the Democratic primary to serve as our next U.S. representative:
1. Diane has broad-based, grassroots support. According to the first quarter FEC filing, Diane has had more than 1,040 individual donors, and 72 percent of those contributions were donations of $100 or less. Candidate Karl Hanlon has had only 128 donors with an average contribution amount of over $800.
2. Diane is an experienced legislator. She served two terms as Routt County commissioner and three terms as Colorado State House representative. Hanlon has had no experience as a legislator. Candidate Arn Menconi served two terms as Eagle County commissioner.
3. Diane is an experienced campaigner. She has won five electoral campaigns — all in regions that were only about 30 percent Democrat. Hanlon has run only one campaign, which he lost.
4. Diane has a proven record of working successfully with diverse constituents without compromising her own ideals. The fact that she was selected as the 2015 Legislator of the Year by the Colorado Livestock Association and the 2017 Legislator of the Year by Conservation Colorado says a great deal about her ability to work collaboratively across the aisle.
5. Diane is running a clean, transparent campaign. She’s the only one in this race who has signed on to the Colorado Clean Campaign pledge. I urge the other candidates to sign on ASAP.
Please join me in supporting Diane for Colorado!
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
I’m the volunteer webmaster for keepmoheights.com. We oppose Ascendigo’s proposal to build a facility in our rural neighborhood. However, even as a group of residents, we strive to be professional, ethical and truthful.