Letter: This might hurt
November 11, 2016
I really don't want to be vulgar, but I feel like a prostitute is about to take over the White House, one that will sell out to the highest bidder. One that will take extra special care of the big dogs. One that will try to fill his Cabinet with unbelievably unqualified cohorts.
I also believe that Mr. Trump won this election fairly. So Democrats need to get the crying and shock out of their systems and get ready to do more work. Smart and thoughtful work. Work with the new president. Don't blockade every single thing. Don't even trust and verify. Hold him to the job as best as one can.
We as a nation have had some really bad moments and leaders. We as a whole, (Dems, independents, and moderate Republicans) can keep the new president in check. It is going to be a long four years, though.
My prediction is that we are going to see SNL moments at least once a day. Maybe more. Hopefully Trump will listen to the right calm people. I hope Mr. Pence can really pitch in there.
God help the USA. God help the new and outgoing president. God help us all.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Paul Andersen: Haunting memory of probing for a body after an avalanche
- Mike Littwin: How hot does a smoking gun need to be before Trump is truly burned?
- Tony Vagneur: Reminiscing for moment for a bit of perspective, posterity
- Roger Marolt: A slower shutter speed to capture a picture-perfect powder day
- Aspen Princess: Taking baby steps to navigate this back-breaking labor of love
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche
- Local arrested on FBI warrant over emails