Letter: The notion of Trump’s ‘great’ America
December 16, 2016
Trump's campaign begs the question, "What makes America great?" As an immigrant nation, primary to our greatness is our embrace of diversity and our understanding that we do not take one step forward that does not include us all.
With Trump, I feel usurped of confidence in our ability to protect the great abundance of public land, virgin forests, clean rivers and deserts. Great are the multitude of citizens, working with federal and state agencies committed to maintaining the integrity of the land, air and water while providing multiple use and maintaining public access to public assets.
I am disappointed by Trump's choice of appointees who would reduce our greatness for the profits of a few or inspire hate like the white gangs in New York attacking lone Muslim women. Maybe we will need to make America great again.
Trending In: Opinion
- Aspen Princess: OK, fellas, I’ve got you covered … you’re welcome
- Roger Marolt: There is no soft landing
- Glenn Beaton: I’ll give you free stuff if you vote for me, and abort you if you don’t
- Sean Beckwith: What’s worse: Facebook or the NFL?
- Judson Haims: What happens to your health care as U.S. nursing shortage increases?
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Update: Winter storm watch in effect until Friday, up to 14 inches of snow predicted
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Carbondale man pleads guilty to attempted sex with a 7-year-old girl
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’