Letter: The notion of Trump’s ‘great’ America
December 16, 2016
Trump's campaign begs the question, "What makes America great?" As an immigrant nation, primary to our greatness is our embrace of diversity and our understanding that we do not take one step forward that does not include us all.
With Trump, I feel usurped of confidence in our ability to protect the great abundance of public land, virgin forests, clean rivers and deserts. Great are the multitude of citizens, working with federal and state agencies committed to maintaining the integrity of the land, air and water while providing multiple use and maintaining public access to public assets.
I am disappointed by Trump's choice of appointees who would reduce our greatness for the profits of a few or inspire hate like the white gangs in New York attacking lone Muslim women. Maybe we will need to make America great again.
Trending In: Opinion
- Editorial: Change in order at Aspen School District
- Mike Littwin: Jovan Melton’s defenders go on the offensive, and an ugly story gets even uglier
- Paul Andersen: Gazing at the universe from Aspen Physics
- Roger Marolt: The old main in the Jeep, a reflection of Aspen
- Aspen Princess: Thoughts from the to-be-upgraded A-frame
- Is affordable housing no longer affordable in Aspen?
- Aspen’s parking problems persist as director plays whack-a-mole
- Business Monday: Chasing the American dream at the Roaring Fork Grill in El Jebel
- ‘Cowboy’ Jim Crowley recollects his 100 years in Fryingpan Valley and Basalt
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night at Snowmass Center